Re: OT : US Broadcast subtitling standard EIA-608 ?

On 2/1/03 6:37 AM, "Neil Smith" <neil@comatose.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> point me to a document detialing the EIA-608
> caption standard for broadcast captions ?

Info on EIA/CEA-608-B is available at:
<http://www.ce.org/standards/standard_details.asp?id=270>

Info on the Digital Television captioning standard, EIA/CEA-708-B is at:
<http://www.ce.org/standards/standard_details.asp?id=249>

Both are available for purchase through Global Engineering Documents.
See the links above for more information.

NCAM's DTV Access Project also offers the following list of FCC, ATSC, CEA
and SMPTE standards relating to closed captioning and video description, as
part of our DTV Access Toolkit:
<http://ncam.wgbh.org/dtv/toolkit/general/standardslist.html>

Gerry

______________________________________
Gerry Field
Manager, DTV Access Project
CPB/WGBH National Center for  Accessible Media (NCAM)
125 Western Avenue
Boston MA 02134
Tel/Fax: 617.300.3496
Mobile: 617.470.4575
Web: http://www.dtvaccess.org
Email: gerry_field@wgbh.org
WGBH Boston is America's preeminent public broadcasting producer. More than
one-third of PBS's prime-time lineup and companion Web content as well as
many public radio favorites are produced by WGBH. The station also is a
pioneer in educational multimedia and in access technologies for people with
disabilities. For more information visit www.wgbh.org