Re: Starting the Traffic Event CG

Hi,

After some iterations, I decided not to use PROV ontology because it didn't
fit too well to the traffic model. Instead, after some research I found
some examples with LODE: linked events ontology
http://linkedevents.org/ontology/. Although this ontology it's designed to
be very simple, it brings a lot of links between well-known ontologies,
like DUL, Dublin Core, GEO, etc., therefore is very easy to reuse the most
typical concepts like dates, locations, etc.

This version of the ontology follows the guidelines set in my previous
emails, including a little traffic event classification, vehicle and person
modelling, etc. Please find attached the last version of the ontology, some
RDF examples (one abnormalTraffic and one Accident1) build programmatically
using the Jena Framework in Java.

Also, I have been testing the features of the ontology using SPARQL
queries. As example, this query gives as result a list of towns (results
mashed up with dbpedia.org) with more than 2000 inhabitants which are near
to the coordinates of the points of the itinerary of the traffic event.

PREFIX geo: <http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#>
PREFIX tff: <http://www.w3.org/community/traffic/>
PREFIX list: <http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/list.owl#>
PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX dul: <http://www.loa-cnr.it/ontologies/DUL.owl#>
PREFIX dbo: <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/>
PREFIX dbp: <http://dbpedia.org/property/>
PREFIX dbr: <http://dbpedia.org/resource/>
PREFIX foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/>

SELECT ?id ?itinerary ?point ?townName ?population FROM
<abnormalTraffic.rdf>
WHERE
{
?point geo:latitude ?latitude .
?point geo:longitude ?longitude .
?itinerary tff:hasPoints ?point_init .
?listItem rdf:type tff:SpatialThingList .
?listItem list:hasContents ?point .
?id dul:hasLocation ?itinerary
 SERVICE <http://dbpedia.org/sparql> {
?s dbp:settlementType dbr:Municipalities_of_Spain .
?s geo:lat ?dbolat .
?s geo:long ?dbolong .
?s rdfs:label ?townName .
OPTIONAL {?s dbo:populationTotal ?population}
 FILTER (?dbolong > ?longitude - 0.1 && ?dbolong < ?longitude + 0.1 &&
?dbolat > ?latitude - 0.1 && ?dbolat < ?latitude + 0.1)
FILTER (?population > 2000)
FILTER (lang(?townName) = 'es')
}
}

[image: Imágenes integradas 1]

It has been tested using Jena 2.11.1 (with the command-line ARQ).

I believe there are a lot of possibilities opened now. From my point of
view, I think the best option would be review and finish the version of
this basic traffic ontology and, after that, begin to documentate it in the
website.

Regards,
David