Re: I18N review of tracking-DNT CR update [I18N-ACTION-662]

On 14/10/2017 19:43, Phillips, Addison wrote:
> Dear Tracking WG,
>
> I have been actioned [1] by the Internationalization Working Group to
> report back the status of our horizontal review of your document [2]
> which you recently requested.
>
> In reviewing the document, I found the following three issues. These
> have not yet been reviewed by the I18N WG, so their current status is
> that they are personal comments pending review. I’m providing links to
> our issues so that you have advance notification. If the WG accepts
> these issues, we will file them as issues in your Github repo, following
> our normal process. That way discussion of these issues can be in your
> space.
>
> https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/508
>
> https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/509
>
> https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/510
>
> We look forward to any discussion required.

folks,

The issues that Addison raised so far were intended only for the i18n WG
to see, to prepare and then track the actual comments.  Those actual
comments are always sent to the issue list of the WG that owns the spec
so that (a) members of that WG can see the discussion (during and after
the discussion actually takes place), (b) the i18n WG is notified of
comments being made (they haven't been notified about comments made so
far), (c) the i18n WG can use the issues in our repo for meta
discussions, separately from the actual ongoing discussion.

That wasn't completely clear from Addison's email, and some people have
begun the discussion on our list, so I will now raise the issues on the
DNT repo, pointing back to comments already received, and remove the
'pending' labels.

Please hold further comments until you see the issues appearing in the
DNT repo. Thanks.

ri

PS: I will also create 'i18n-comment' and 'i18n-tracking' labels, as
usual, for the DNT repo so that the mechanism for notifying the i18n
community works.