From: Shane M Wiley
Sent: Friday, October 13 2017, 6:06 pm
To: Rob van Eijk
Cc: Aleecia M. McDonald; public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org) (public-tracking@w3.org)
Subject: Re: Next 2 calls canceled (Oct 09 and Oct 16)

Rob,

There is a legal disconnect for me based on your statement (at least based on what industry lawyers are saying).  Are you suggesting, from the A29WP perspective, then that industry is permitted to request "all-or-nothing" consents?  This would mean it would legally be permissible to state two independent purposes but force the user to consent to both or to neither?  If that is your official position from a regulatory position that would remove the individual purpose consent need we are discussing now.  If you could please respond in an official capacity on just this one topic so industry could have legally certainty that would be very much appreciated.

- Shane