From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) [mailto:mts-std@schunter.org]
Sent: 11 May 2017 16:10
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: Re: [w3c/dnt] Add more meta data in the Tracking Status Resource (#22)

Hi Folks,

If we want to codify this in the spec, we would say something like
"by exceptions SHOULD be all-or-nothing"
"the user MAY choose to constrain an exception to a subset of third
parties. In this case, it MUST [language on truthful reporting the TPs
that did not get DNT;0" by populating return values into the API].

Would we agree on this approach?

IMHO it would provide the overall desired balance:
- Transparency for users
- By default all-or-nothing behavior for exceptions for publishers
- Freedom to allow users to blacklist some limited number of sites
- Guarantee to honestly report any unexpected constraints to publisher

Regards,
matthias