From: Roy T. Fielding [mailto:fielding@gbiv.com]
Sent: 31 July 2017 13:40
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Cc: Aleecia M. McDonald <aleecia@aleecia.com>; public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org) (public-tracking@w3.org) <public-tracking@w3.org>
Subject: Re: do we have cause for a call on monday?

I am very close to being happy with the current document.  I think the API
is okay, but there are still parts of the other sections under Exceptions that
should be merged in with the API, and then it needs a clear-eyed read-through.

Since the working group doesn't need to make a decision yet, I would like to
skip the call, get some sleep, and finish my edits tomorrow.  However, folks
are welcome to review it right now if they wish. I think the relevant changes
are limited to sections 5.2.1, 5.3, and 7 through 9.

  https://w3c.github.io/dnt/drafts/tracking-dnt.html

with history at

  https://github.com/w3c/dnt/commits/master/drafts/tracking-dnt.html

Also, we might consider (as a last step before publication) moving the entire
Exceptions section 7 up to be between the existing sections
5 (Expressing a Tracking Preference) and 6 (Communicating a Tracking Status).
I say last step because that would be editorial but would mess up the diffs.

Cheers,

....Roy