Re: Supporting TPE on sites/subdomains where a user does not have control of the server (ISSUE 15, ISSUE 10)

> On Jan 26, 2017, at 1:14 , Mike O'Neill <michael.oneill@baycloud.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Shane,
>
> I think you misunderstand the compromise position.
>

> There is no TSR supplied in the Tk header, http-equiv supplied or not.
>
> There is a dynamic status-id which can point to the particular customer’s TSR (managed by the publisher), but that is already described in the TPE.
>
> The only new feature is no allow the Tk header in a meta tag, which absolutely does not create confusion or hint at an additive outcome. If the header exists the meta tag is ignored, this is very clear.

I still don’t get why this is needed, and I think it’s dangerous; it allows a hosted site to claim/pretend to support DNT without the cooperation of the hosting organization.

Fiddling with http-equiv means we have to ask for a change to <https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/document-metadata.html#attr-meta-http-equiv>

Do we have a hosting provider saying that they can’t work out a way to provide custom WKRs for their hosted sites?

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.