Re: Another editorial change - objections anyone?

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 10:08:03 -0700
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: Matthias Schunter <mts-std@schunter.org>
> On Aug 31, 2017, at 5:47 AM, Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org> wrote:
>
> Hi TPWG Team,
>
> Rob suggested the following editorial change to clarify the spec before
> CR. The proposal removes and compresses section 10.1 and adds this
> compressed text to Section 5.2. I am fine with introducing this
> editorial change.
>
> Does anyone have any objections? If not, I would ask Roy to update
> before submission.

I object. Section 10.1 explains the rationale for section 4 (not 5.2).
Rewriting the note in that way entirely changes its meaning.
In any case, the protocol does have requirements on user agents
that apply absent an explicit preference by a user.  Failing to
adhere to those requirements will harm users *outside* the EU.

....Roy