From: Shane M Wiley [mailto:wileys@oath.com]
Sent: 24 August 2017 20:49
To: Mike O'Neill <michael.oneill@baycloud.com>
Cc: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org>; public-tracking@w3.org; Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Subject: Re: confirm and fingerprinting issues

Mike,

Agreed on web-wide for those scenarios but I thought we confirmed on Monday that those would work in an iFramed approach?

- Shane

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Mike O'Neill <michael.oneill@baycloud.com <mailto:michael.oneill@baycloud.com> > wrote:

Shane,

I think you need the web-wide exceptions for that and they are already disallowed for iframes (unless they are for cookie rule subdomains of the top-level domain). The site-specific exception is pointless for other-origin iframes, other than to specify same-party exceptions. It just lets you set a site-specific exception for the iframe domain when it is later visited as a first party.

This way means you do not even have to use the iframes, it is much faster.

Mike