Re: Issues for Monday Call

Thanks Shane,

You reply surely opens up our discussion in a positive way.

However, I do not think that there is any legal liability on the web
browser as a processor in some part. If the browser collects telemetry
for its own purposes or on behalf of another data controller, that is a
scenario that I would love to keep out of the DNT debate. To keep things
simple: the browser is not a legal entity but a means used by the
consumer to visit a website or use a web service. Leaving the browser
out of the picture, we can zoom in on the (real-time) transactional
steps between the consumer and data controller towards consent.

Regards,
Rob