RE: TPWG Charter; urge it remain

Dear Wendy, Matthias

As expressed in a previous email, I support extending the charter. The
ePrivacy Directive is currently under review. New legislation will
repeal the current cookie framework, possibly with a Regulation (which
will level the playing field and be in conjuction with the GDPR). See,
e.g., http://ssrn.com/abstract=2804720 for a recap of the EU privacy
framework.

DNT is an attempt towards a careful balance between a justified business
need, and the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject. The
(full) JavaScript consent API is a key component for this delicate
balance.

Regards,
Rob