Re: update on tpwg Compliance comment response proposals

Thanks Nick,
Good job tracking down prior discussion of these issues.

Chairs, group, any further discussion before we send these out to the
commenters? Any volunteers to work on Nick's open questions?

- --Wendy

On 11/06/2015 03:57 AM, Nick Doty wrote:
> Sorry for the combined barrage of automated and human-written
> emails. I have summarized all the Last Call comments we discussed
> and created issues for them in the TCS Last Call product in
> Tracker:
> https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/products/8
> <https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/products/8>
>
> And I've written up proposed responses to each comment, as email
> replies, associated with each such issue. You can see that in the
> mailing list, or as linked automatically from each issue in the
> Tracker.
>
> I would appreciate any comments from the Working Group about
> proposed responses that aren't adequate or don't match the group's
> previous decisions on issues. But in particular, I think I could
> especially use feedback from the WG on:
>
> issue-268: do we have support from the WG or other interested
> parties in creating a separate documentation page (Global
> Considerations doc or elsewhere)? It doesn't make sense to add a
> Note and a link to such documentation unless it's really going to
> be there.
>
> issue-272: on the call the WG seemed to have strong opinions on
> describing the confusion over first-/third-party interactions
> present in multiple comments. It would be good to collect those
> comments as part of a response, I just marked a couple of things.
>
> Thanks, Nick
>
>> On Nov 4, 2015, at 12:28 AM, Nick Doty <npdoty@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When we chatted about two weeks ago, I took an action item to
>> draft up responses to the Last Call comments we received on the
>> Compliance document. I had hoped to get to this on my way back
>> from a series of W3C meetings in Japan, but I caught a cold and
>> fell behind. I'll send out more by tomorrow evening, but I
>> apologize that there won't be anything in advance that would make
>> a teleconference tomorrow worthwhile.
>>
>> So I'm supposing no teleconference tomorrow (4 November 2015),
>> but hopefully we can get email updates (Mike, you were working on
>> the table of TPE implementations?) and review my proposals via
>> email over the next week.
>>
>> Cheers, Nick

- --
Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
http://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)