From: TOUBIANA Vincent [mailto:vtoubiana@cnil.fr]
Sent: 23 October 2014 10:29
To: Shane M Wiley; Tracking Protection Working Group
Subject: RE: Indirect DNT Processing (Proposed)

Shane,

I have a clarifying question. In the precise case of RTB, when DNT is set, is it possible to only include in the Bid Request information about the user (i.e. the user id) but not about the current network transaction (i.e. no information related to the visited website)? That would allow website to check that they have a UGE before bidding, information about the visited website would then be only transmitted to the winning bidder.

This option would still allow RTB to take place while preventing information about a network transaction to be shared with third parties.

Vincent