Issue-230 (definition of web browsing history)

From: Justin Brookman <jbrookman@cdt.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:06:29 -0400
To: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Another issue that Jack raised was a definition of web browsing history.

https://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy/TPWG/Change_Proposal_Define_Web_browsing_history

I believe that the plan was to build this into a proposal to allow for some use of cross-site information for ad targeting purposes, but a proposal never materialized. The issue has been lingering for weeks now, and absent some new proposal we will close the issue (there is no need to define a term that is not used operationally in the document).

The related issue of ISSUE-234 (where to place the language on personalization) is an editorial decision that I believe we agreed on a previous call to delegate to Nick Doty.