Re: "that party" (was CVS WWW/2011/tracking-protection/drafts)

Hi Mike,

On a recent call, you had expressed some concern about one of my edits. In particular, I believe it was this one, about using “that party” instead of “the first party” in this sentence on compliance as a first party to a given user action.

[In the diff format below, the paragraph with the “-“ in front of it is removed, with a “+” added.]
> On Dec 9, 2014, at 9:41 PM, CVS User npdoty <cvsmail@w3.org> wrote:

> -      A first party to a given user action MUST NOT share data about those network interactions with third parties to that action who are prohibited from collecting data from those network interactions under this recommendation. Data about the interaction MAY be shared with service providers acting on behalf of the first party.
> +      A first party to a given user action MUST NOT share data about those network interactions with third parties to that action who are prohibited from collecting data from those network interactions under this recommendation. Data about the interaction MAY be shared with service providers acting on behalf of that party.

My thinking was that this didn’t change the meaning of the sentence, but just used the more comfortable demonstrative adjective. Does using “that party” imply that data may be shared with a different set of parties?

Would “that first party” address your concern?

Thanks,
Nick