Re: New Change Proposal: New text for Definition of Collect (Issue-16)

Vinay,

your initial email wanted to get rid of transient collection and focus
on network interaction. With Rob's amendment, we have transient
collection back and network interaction additionally in the mix. And
Rob's addition eliminates third party compliance all together for short
term collections as those interactions are not defined as "collection"
anymore. No collection, no issue.

A permitted use has a prerequisite that collection happened. If per
definition no collection happened, there is no need for a permitted use
anymore for short term collection. The short term collection exception
is still controversial, so your suggestion should be added to ISSUE-134
and not only to ISSUE-16

Personally, I think the initial solution with a good collection
definition and a permitted use for short term collections is a nicer
design, notwithstanding the controversy..

 --Rigo