Issue-5 Option C: No Definition

From: Jack L. Hobaugh Jr <jack@networkadvertising.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:01:29 -0500
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: Justin Brookman <jbrookman@cdt.org>, "Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation)" <mts-std@schunter.org>
Justin, Matthias,

I want to take this opportunity to clear up some potential confusion that may exist regarding Option C for Issue-5 in the call for objections.

Option C: No definition states: “No definition; remove from Definitions section, rest of document unchanged.”

My understanding is that when this option was first submitted it was to remove the definition from the TCS document.

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2013Jun/0369.html

As the option is currently worded, that is not clear as “document” could also refer to the TPE.

I would suggest that “document” be changed to “TCS document” for clarity and that a “Document location” section be added to Issue-5 to be consistent with the Issue-10 call for objections structure.

I think these two changes will remove any remaining confusion.

Best regards,

Jack

Jack L. Hobaugh Jr
Network Advertising Initiative | Counsel & Senior Director of Technology
1634 Eye St. NW, Suite 750 Washington, DC 20006
P: 202-347-5341 | jack@networkadvertising.org