From: Justin Brookman [mailto:jbrookman@cdt.org]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 2:50 PM
To: Jack L. Hobaugh Jr
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)
Subject: Re: Call for objections

As is usually the case, I suspect people are going to wait until the last minute to put up objections.  For the sake of the group, I would rather the deadline be Wednesday night instead of Friday night.  The options have been static for some time and there has been little discussion of the listserv about any of them.  If you want to make a substantive argument why you need two extra days to formulate an objection either on parties or tracking, please do so, but the group has now had several weeks to debate and consider both of these issues (including a full extra week that was inserted into the process).  Given the length of responses that we have historically received, I find it hard to believe that people are going to spend more than an hour or two on either one (again, work which could have been started a long time ago if one were so inclined).

That said, I do appreciate the feedback that you would like the options put up on Wednesday from now on, and I will strive to make that happen.  Like all of you, I have another job that I am trying to do in addition to (co-)chairing this group.  The chairs are in three different time zones with frenetic travel schedules, so we don't always coordinate as closely as we should.  But I will take the desire to get the CFO immediately up after the call to heart, and hopefully this can happen going forward.

The ISSUE-5 Call for Objection will be going up shortly!