Re: First party compliance

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 18:50:13 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: "Israel, Susan" <Susan_Israel@comcast.com>
Counterproposal:
First parties may elect to be more restrictive in their data collection
practices than proscribed in this Specification. If first parties only
collect data as permitted for third parties when receiving a DNT:1
header, they can indicate this according to the tracking status message
as set forth in the Tracking Preference Expression Specification. This
also allows them to use DNT:0 as a permission mechanism for regulated
environments.

 --Rigo