tracking-ISSUE-205: user agent compliance requirements; connections to TPE [Compliance June]

From: Tracking Protection Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 05:34:51 +0000
To: public-tracking@w3.org
tracking-ISSUE-205: user agent compliance requirements; connections to TPE [Compliance June]

http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/205

Raised by: Justin Brookman
On product: Compliance June

Justin's argument for being less prescriptive on UA compliance:
I believe that that June draft is overly prescriptive on user agent compliance, and backtracks on a previous group decision to allow user agents to send DNT:1 when the user makes an explicit choice for privacy (jt also backtracks on our prior agreement to be equally prescriptive in dictating interface for setting DNT in the first place and for granting UGE/OOBC).  I propose to restate User Agent Compliance to mirror existing language in the TPE.