Re: service provider definition/context Re: June Draft of the DNT compliance spec

On Jun 24, 2013, at 8:29 AM, Vinay Goel wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion!  If I remember correctly, Chris Pedigo and I initially tried that but was told that this wouldn't work for many service providers because many service providers take all of the data in and then sort the data per client (and do other processing on behalf of the client) after the specific interaction is complete.
>
> I believe Roy raised this in IRC.  Roy -- did I capture that correctly?

The background is in

<http://www.w3.org/mid/C028CA08-9F9B-446F-893A-5E4B7318C477@gbiv.com>

and, yes, the problem I highlighted before with this text is still
a problem in the June draft.  However, it is more than just the
use of "only" -- the text doesn't account for all of the parties
that might do work on behalf of a first party.

I will post a change proposal.

....Roy