Re: Proposed text for ISSUE-161 (Disregard Signal)

Section 5.2.8 in the TPE spec has been revised to prevent that sites
always respond "D" while claiming that they comply with our DNT
requirements.

matthias

        5.2.8 Disregarding (D)

A tracking status value of D means that the origin server is unable or
unwilling to respect a tracking preference received from the requesting
user agent. An origin server that sends this tracking status value
/MUST/ detail within the server's corresponding privacy policy the
conditions under which a tracking preference might be disregarded.

For example, an origin server might disregard the DNT field received
from specific user agents (or via specific network intermediaries) that
are deemed to be non-conforming, might be collecting additional data
from specific source network locations due to prior security incidents,
or might be compelled to disregard certain DNT requests to comply with a
local law, regulation, or order.

Note that the |D| tracking status value does not indicate that the
origin server complies with this protocol [TRACKING-COMPLIANCE
<http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/tracking-dnt.html#bib-TRACKING-COMPLIANCE>].
It is meant to be used only in situations that can be adequately
described to users as an exception to compliance. An origin server that
always responds with |D| is not considered compliant even if that
response is compelled by factors beyond the origin server's control. An
origin server that responds with |D| in ways that are inconsistent with
their other published and unexpired claims of compliance is likely to be
considered misleading.