Re: tracking-ISSUE-147: Transporting Consent via the Exception / DNT mechanisms [Global Considerations]

On Monday 21 May 2012 16:19:31 David Singer wrote:
> There is still a formal difference between "no header sent, our spec. does
> not apply" and "dnt:0 sent, our spec. defines what that means"; however,
> it may not be a practical difference

The huge practical difference is whether you can use DNT as a consent
mechanism also for first parties. No header sent has no (positive)
semantics. DNT;0 means actual permission. We haven't defined the minimal
boundaries of that permission. As it is a minimum, I would like to get
feedback from the Advertisement and Analytics people (Shane, Roy) on what a
good minimum description would be. (bullet points)

Rigo