From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org<mailto:rigo@w3.org>>
Date: Tuesday 15 May 2012 00:17
To: "public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>" <public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>>
Cc: Kimon Zorbas <vp@iabeurope.eu<mailto:vp@iabeurope.eu>>, Matthias Schunter <mts-std@schunter.org<mailto:mts-std@schunter.org>>, Nicholas Doty <npdoty@w3.org<mailto:npdoty@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: transitivity of DNT exceptions

On Monday 14 May 2012 15:37:44 Kimon Zorbas wrote:
In other words, once consented to an ad-network cookie, Art. 29 WG accepts
that subsequently data collected across sites can be used by this
ad-network. So the proposal goes further than Art. 29 and I have serious
concerns with this approach.

Kimon, IMHO you're describing what Shane calls a web-wide exception. Can you
explain in how far very concrete Matthias' proposal goes beyond what the
Art. 29 requires? Because you're exactly here to tell us :) I don't think
any kind of further restrictions are intended, not even from Rob.

Rigo