RE: Allowed uses of protocol data in first N weeks (ACTION-190)

I agree, the assertion was clearly out of the blue for many of us. The whole context of the permitted use discussion is limited by 3rd party status, and the protocol logging concerns expressed are all in the context of preventing ability to pursue non-permitted uses. So logging restrictions should not apply to 1st parties at all.

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan

From: Chris Pedigo [mailto:CPedigo@online-publishers.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:20 AM
To: Shane Wiley
Cc: ifette@google.com; John Simpson; TOUBIANA, VINCENT (VINCENT); public-tracking@w3.org Group WG
Subject: Re: Allowed uses of protocol data in first N weeks (ACTION-190)

Based on the IRC comments at end of yesterday's call, many of us were surprised that you envision this restriction applying to first parties.  I think we were surprised because the restriction on first parties not sharing data with third parties assumes that first parties will be able to keep data. Applying a 6-week limit on first parties would directly contradict the decision already reached by the group to allow first parties to retain data so long as they don't share it.