Re: explicit-explicit exception pairs

Well,

At least one thing is for sure: tracking cookies need prior consent of
the user. There is no uncertainty about that. There is some debate on a
possibly very limited list of functional cookies.

One of the latest public documents on the status of the implementation
is here ( disclaimer: I haven't checked it in detail):
http://www.twobirds.com/English/News/Articles/Documents/Implementation_ePrivacy_Directive-Apr2012.pdf

There is a catch-22 here, because law makers are looking closely to the
outcome of W3C DNT process. Some find it very hopefull, some think it
will not lead to compliance.

So I encourage the group to try to get the TPE out of the impasse.
Please tell me, if DNT is not going to have any additional value in
comparison to the current opt-out systems. Because if DNT will not be
able to offer a rich granular dialog 'under the hood' of the browser,
DNT is not going to have the outcome many of us have been hoping for.

Rob