Re: explicit-explicit exception pairs

Hi!

I second Rigo's point that the following solution seems workable while
satisfying our requirements:
1. A site only needs to declare the third parties that it directly uses
(e.g., an ad network)
2. A site is not required to name any other third parties that are then
used indirectly (e.g., recursively loaded ads)
3. The ad network (in this example) is then permitted to further include
any subsequent third parties
    (i.e.  the ad network basically obtains a "*" exception for its
third parties)

This has the following advantages (from my subjective point of view)
1. The user will obtain some transparency and choice
2. The list of third parties should be limited and known to the 1st party
3. The UI should be manageable and the feedback/consent somewhat meaningful
4. The ad network will then inherit some responsibility (at least in in
the EU context)

What do others think?

Regards,
matthias