RE: Article: Yahoo! Launches Global Support for Do Not Track (Yahoo! Policy Blog)

Yahoo! provides more details on the breadth of activities that are halted when the opt-out/DNT is received at our Ad Interest Manager (http://privacy.yahoo.com/aim).  Yahoo! applies our opt-out to both activities on and off of Yahoo! owned and operated properties.

- Shane

From: Craig Spiezle [mailto:craigs@otalliance.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:39 AM
To: Shane Wiley; public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: RE: Article: Yahoo! Launches Global Support for Do Not Track (Yahoo! Policy Blog)

This is a great step forward.  Now to get others to join on and other browsers to implement the capability ( and to make it more discoverable and intuitive)

Can you address how this impacts the use, collection and sharing of data for purposes other than interest based advertising, (other than operational and for anonymous metrics purposes).  I assume since this is not part of your implementation as  it is my understanding this is still outside the current scope DAA.

Does this apply to both 1st party and third party collection?