Re: Logged-In Exception (ISSUE-65)

JC is quite right to point out that the limits imposed by a logged-in exception need not be the same as those imposed by other exceptions.  Some options include:

a) The same as a web-wide DNT: 0 exception.  (This is what I've heard most frequently).
b) An exception that prohibits profiling use of information from the visit, but allows any other use of first-party information or information from the visit.  (I think this might be what JC is proposing).
c) An exception that allows use of first-party information but prohibits logging of information about the visit.
d) No exception.

As for the notion that not providing a logged-in exception "penalize[s] users," I don't follow.  The only decision points on the table are:

1) Are users guaranteed the choice to both save a login and enjoy the benefits of DNT: 1?  (I am not aware of any large first-party website that presently provides logged-in users a comprehensive choice about third-party personalization, let alone data collection.  It seems fair to assume that, in the absence of DNT, users will continue to not have this choice.)
2) If we are going to guarantee users such a choice, are we going to require them to use some special choice mechanism above and beyond ordinary DNT?