Re: Well-known URI vs response headers? [ISSUE-81, ISSUE-47, ISSUE-80]

Hi Kevin,

I don't think we had a solid distinction between user-agent-managed and out-of-band exceptions/opt-back-in back in October. I'm particularly concerned here about the out-of-band case, though it might also apply when the user agent sends a different DNT value. Can a site that offers out-of-band opt-back-in (and wants to start tracking as soon as that permission is granted) allow significant caching of the relevant well-known tracking status resource?

Thanks,
Nick