Re: QUESTION FOR BROWSERS who have partial DNT implementations today - plans to fully implement? (i.e. DNT:0)

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:52:11 -0700
To: "public-tracking@w3.org WG" <public-tracking@w3.org>
I realize that I am opening the browsers up to saying "no comment" again, but your question could be read two ways:

* will I be able to configure a browser to send DNT:0 always, DNT:1 always, or no DNT?  (As opposed to DNT:1, vs. no DNT?)
* will browsers implement the APIs that would cause selective DNT:0's to be sent to sites, when the user has granted exceptions?

The reason I email is that I am wondering what the reasons might be to do the first, if that's the question.

(On the second, as I am sure you notice, we're kinda working on the API here, so I think it may be understandable if people are taking a wait-and-see on that.)

David Singer