Re: Frequency Capping

From: Tamir Israel <tisrael@cippic.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:15:16 -0400
To: Chris Mejia <chris.mejia@iab.net>
Chris -- I personally found your explanation very useful so thank you.

On 7/11/2012 3:27 PM, Chris Mejia wrote:
> Advertisers have plenty of
> reasonable business reasons to require f-capping in their contracts:  i.e.
> a) not annoy consumers with overdelivery when such annoyance leads to
> negative advertiser brand association, and b) not needlessly waste ad
> impressions and money on serving ads over and over again to users who have
> opted out of the value exchange in the first place.

It's not clear to me that selecting a DNT-1 means opting out of the
value exchange. The very fact that you need to F-cap those who have
chosen to send a DNT-1 seems to imply that these impressions remain
valuable, at least to some extent (or, I imagine, no ad would be served
at all and we need not worry about annoying users with repeated
exposures or maximizing ROI).

Best,
Tamir