Re: action-231, issue-153 requirements on other software that sets DNT headers

From: Dobbs, Brooks <Brooks.Dobbs@kbmg.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:17:09 +0000
To: Craig Spiezle <craigs@otalliance.org>, 'Tamir Israel' <tisrael@cippic.ca>, 'David Singer' <singer@apple.com>
CC: 'Shane Wiley' <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Again let's be careful with our language here.  This isn't just about
"making a choice".  "Do you like hot dogs (1) or hamburgers (0)?", is a
choice, but it is not a representation of a user's preference with respect
to how they wish a recipient server to respond in relation to the DNT
Compliance Spec.  The later is what a UA is required to have before
sending a signal.
--

Brooks Dobbs, CIPP | Chief Privacy Officer | KBM Group | Part of the
Wunderman Network

This email  including attachments  may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient,
 do not copy, distribute or act on it. Instead, notify the sender
immediately and delete the message.