Re: action-231, issue-153 requirements on other software that sets DNT headers

From: Mike Zaneis <mike@iab.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 01:35:47 +0000
To: Tamir Israel <tisrael@cippic.ca>
CC: Justin Brookman <jbrookman@cdt.org>, "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
I don't think that WIRED story is accurate, but I could be wrong. John Battelle (an IAB Board Member) recently wrote a blog piece and included a mock up of such a publisher exclusion, but upon visits to the WIRED site IAB has not encountered such a pop up. I think this is a theoretical exercise, which is fun and informative, but not how we should be creating global standards.

Mike Zaneis
SVP & General Counsel, IAB
(202) 253-1466