Re: action-231, issue-153 requirements on other software that sets DNT headers

From: Dobbs, Brooks <Brooks.Dobbs@kbmg.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 21:35:11 +0000
To: Tamir Israel <tisrael@cippic.ca>
CC: Alan Chapell <achapell@chapellassociates.com>, "Grimmelmann, James" <James.Grimmelmann@nyls.edu>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Tamir,

You are obviously free to personally conclude whatever outcome you feel is
likely from DNT: 1, but as James (not I) points out, it is highly
contested if widespread DNT: 1 is or is not privacy enhancing.

Just agreeing on the objective is hard enough.  Objectively DNT: 1 has
certain meanings.  Let's look for agreements there before we go to the
subjective, attenuated, value judgement as to if DNT:1 is or is not likely
to be privacy enhancing.

I'll stop beating the dead horse with that.

-Brooks

--

Brooks Dobbs, CIPP | Chief Privacy Officer | KBM Group | Part of the
Wunderman Network

This email  including attachments  may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient,
 do not copy, distribute or act on it. Instead, notify the sender
immediately and delete the message.