Re: "cross-site"

I don't think there is a fundamental split here.  I think we've mostly
agreed that the only MUST obligation on first parties is that they can't
help third-parties evade the DNT instruction by providing them the data
directly in so the third-parties can correlate with similar data
provided by other first parties.  That doesn't sound very onerous --- as
Shane notes, this is just closing a potential loophole, not an
affirmative requirement on first-party data usage.

Justin Brookman
Director, Consumer Privacy Project
Center for Democracy&  Technology
1634 I Street NW, Suite 1100