RE: Doodle poll for third face-to-face meeting

I have to admit that my original temperature based suggestions were somewhat in jest.  I definitely vote that we choose whatever location provides the best tactical advantage whether that be based on ease of traveling or local resources.  My first comments were simply in opposition to the idea of picking a place specifically because it may have a less desirable winter climate which Aleecia originally suggested was a factor for picking Brussels or Berlin.  My thoughts -- all things being equal, go for the best food.  So ... pastries vs waffles and chocolate.  That's a tough one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jules Polonetsky [mailto:julespol@futureofprivacy.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:26 PM
To: 'Tom Lowenthal'; public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: RE: Doodle poll for third face-to-face meeting

Priority - many easy direct flights.  Note this week is when Data Privacy Day is celebrated by some of us with religious fervor including events and panels (I have one event we are running on Jan 26).  Of course working on DNT is an appropriate way to note this holiday, but many international direct flights will outweigh the weather for me.

That is unless a locale that truly provides a beach weekend to follow the event is an option.  Lacking that, ignore the weather!