Re: TPE Document, S2.3 P1

On Oct 31, 2011, at 6:03 PM, Mike Zaneis wrote:

> I am not saying that I disagree, but how would a browser flag be delivered to a mobile app?
>
> Is Apple ready to change their iOS to make this happen?

My personal opinion: If it is not very much work for us (which I expect it is not) we might add a few paragraphs of what it would take for an OS to be DNT compliant, mobile or not. If there is no OS adoption, we have not lost much time or effort. If there is adoption, even years after we complete our work, we have things in place to support companies that want to move forward.

To add a use case: it is trivial to convert a webpage to a mobile application [1]. It seems like a bad user experience to have DNT work when you use a browser, but not work if you click an icon, when otherwise the application is exactly the same thing. It also seems like a developer nightmare. I would hate for mobile app developers to need to implement multiple approaches when we might offer them a clean solution for user choice that works in multiple contexts.

	Aleecia
	[1] http://www.webmonkey.com/2008/11/make_your_site_an_iphone_app/ as one of many examples