De : Shane Wiley [mailto:wileys@yahoo-inc.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 21 décembre 2011 15:37
À : TOUBIANA, VINCENT (VINCENT); public-tracking@w3.org
Cc : aleecia@aleecia.com
Objet : RE: Issue-32, Sharing of data between entities via cookie syncing / identity brokering

Vincent,

This is a good start but I believe we'll need the ability to move forward with cookie syncing even if DNT is turned on in those cases where the sync is used only for allowed operational exceptions (such as frequency capping, logging impressions for financial purposes, security, or aggregated reporting).  Cookie syncing has an unfair reputation when it is simply a technical necessity for two systems to communicate about a given web browser with the same ID (in no way linked to personally identifiable information) across diverse platforms.  As long as the map is leveraged only for accepted operational purposes, I don't believe there should be an issue here.  If the DNT signal is turned on for either the DSP or SSP, no profiling should occur for that transaction and no historical profiles should be leveraged for targeting in that case either.

- Shane