Re: Agenda: Global considerations F2F meeting 11-12 Berlin

Hi Rigo,

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but unless we change what a website can no longer do when it receives DNT:1 (ie. first party analytics and/or first party customization), isn't DNT only part of the solution to handle the restrictions of the ePrivacy Directive?  I don't understand how DNT removes the entire need for websites to do window shades/other consent mechanisms for the use of cookies.  I think we should discuss in the Berlin workshop what compliance looks like for websites; and whether DNT is enough to comply with the ePrivacy Directive.

Am I missing an interpretation/analysis that DNT (as currently drafted to not restrict 1st party analytics/customization) could equal compliance with the ePrivacy directive?

-Vinay