Re: Mapping DNT to GDPR

No. Peter, claiming I agree with you when I have posted exactly the opposite conclusion is really over-the-top.

We’ve been over this many times before, as Peter well knows. Recall we’re talking EU region or not, and we do not need granularity like a street address. To recap just a few ways this can be accomplished:
 - web browsers are typically released regionally; they know their users’ general location based on which browser version the user elected to download
 - browser meta data typically contains language / region information; publishers get this data. For example, Firefox currently defaults to “English/United States [en-us]” for me.
 - app stores often sell apps regionally and, as with browsers, therefore know well enough where their customers are
 - IoT devices are often regional based on which bits of spectrum are available

And, of course, geoIP databases.

DNT and Right to be Forgotten are sufficiently orthogonal that I will save everyone’s time and not even respond to the rest. Yeesh.

 Aleecia