From: Nick Doty [mailto:npdoty@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 7:04 PM
To: Jack L. Hobaugh Jr; Rachel.Glasser@groupm.com; Alan Chapell; pkosmala@aaaa.org; Brooks.Dobbs@kbmg.com; Chris Mejia; David Wainberg; Max.Ochoa@turn.com; tstoute@eyereturn.com; Mike Zaneis; alevenfeld@rocketfuel.com; Vivek Narayanadas; nadine.stocklin@pubmatic.com
Cc: public-tracking-comments@w3.org
Subject: TPE Last Call comments, re: validation of user signals (issue-260)

Hi Jack, Rachel, Alan, Peter, Brooks, Chris, David, Max, Tim, Mike, Ari, Vivek and Nadine,

Thank you for your comments (last June) on the TPE Last Call Working Draft. The Tracking Protection Working Group has discussed each of the issues and proposed resolutions. This email in particular describes discussion and proposed resolution regarding validation of DNT signals.

Editor Roy Fielding has provided a detailed response to different comments related to this issue in email; I have provided the link below. I would briefly summarize the resolution as:

* testing and other means can help to validate signals but specification cannot provide additional proof

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2014Dec/0020.html

https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/260

Please let us know if these changes or explanations resolve your concerns.

Thanks,

Nick Doty, W3C (for the Tracking Protection Working Group)

Re:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking-comments/2014Jun/0001.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking-comments/2014Jun/0003.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking-comments/2014Jun/0005.html