Re: Article 29 Data Protection Working Party comments in response to W3C's public consultation on the W3C Last Call Working Draft, Tracking Compliance and Scope

Chairwoman Falque-Pierrotin, Mr. van Eijk,

Thank you for your comments on the Tracking Compliance and Scope Last Call Working Draft. The Tracking Protection Working Group has discussed each of the issues and proposed resolutions.

As editor, I have provided summaries of the responses along with each of the issues for the Last Call; I have provided links below. I would briefly summarize the resolutions as:

* adding a note with informative documentation regarding jurisdictional interpretations
* noting where some sections already provide explanations
* not re-opening previously closed issues for agreed-upon text

http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/268
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2015Nov/0014.html
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/269
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2015Nov/0015.html
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/270
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2015Nov/0016.html
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/271
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2015Nov/0017.html
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/276
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2015Nov/0022.html
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/272
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2015Nov/0018.html

There may be additional responses from the Working Group regarding issue-272.

Please let us know if these changes or explanations resolve your concerns. In particular, the success of the proposed resolution of issue-268 (does not override regulatory terminology) depends on commitments to informative contributions.

Thanks,
Nick Doty, W3C (for the Tracking Protection Working Group)