Re: Top-level origin concepts & friends; Exception APIs feedback; doNotTrack API feedback

Hi Anne,

> On Jun 15, 2015, at 6:33 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 12:29 AM, Nick Doty <npdoty@w3.org> wrote:
>> Thank you for your comments (last April) on the TPE Last Call Working Draft. The Tracking Protection Working Group has discussed each of the issues and proposed resolutions.
>>
>> Editor David Singer, with editor Roy Fielding, has provided summaries of the responses for each of the tracker issues for the Last Call product; I have provided links below. I would briefly summarize the resolutions as:
>> * moving from window to navigator as suggested
>> * clarifying that the API is not asynchronous
>> * correcting terminology (to browsing context), as suggested
>> * clarifying cookie references and terminology
>> * not changing characteristics that are specific to HTTP headers
>>
>> (You may have seen much of this in email already, so apologies for any duplication; this is just to make sure you've seen the group responses.)
>>
>> Issues:
>> https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/243
>> https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/255
>> https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/256
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2014Dec/0016.html
>>
>> Please let us know if these changes or explanations resolve your concerns.
>
> This is not really sufficient information to know whether or not my
> comments have been taken into account. Usually when I close someone's
> issue I provide them with a pointer to the commit and there's an
> updated draft available that takes the change into account. Is that
> available here?

Apologies for the belated reply. You had several, related comments that were addressed through several, related changes to the TPE specification. An updated editor's draft is available here:
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/tracking-dnt.html

A diff from the LCWD is available:
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/diffs/TPE-LCWD-to-20150324.html

I believe the relevant portions of that diff to your comments are:
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/diffs/TPE-LCWD-to-20150324.html#diff0094
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/diffs/TPE-LCWD-to-20150324.html#diff0038
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/diffs/TPE-LCWD-to-20150324.html#diff0104
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/diffs/TPE-LCWD-to-20150324.html#diff0122

David Singer's summary email, which includes specific comment responses, as linked above, is here:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2014Dec/0016.html

Thanks,
Nick