Re: TPAC unconference breakout follow up

I think pre-scheduling the breakouts was a good idea, but the last-minute resolution of overlaps proved to be a problem for me, as there was not an effective notification of people expecting to show up in the second slot when mine was relocated to the first. Early voting might help better estimate room capacity requirements.

Some mechanism of early voting on interests that could be fed into a scheduling algorithm may make this smoother next time. Generally, more introductory or foundational work should come before work that is more in-depth, or which is dependent on other technologies, which was the case for JSON-LD vs. WoT.

But, all in all, I think it went quite well.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net