[summary] breakout: #webstories

From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 23:16:12 +0900
Cc: Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>, W3C Comm Team <w3t-comm@w3.org>
To: public-tpac-unconference@w3.org
Hi Dom,

Amy and I facilitated the Web Stories breakout. Here’s our summary:

We heard from the 16 participants how they were drawn to the Web, their hopes and fears for the future, what get us going, etc. Among ourselves were a few people who were born after the Web. We all come from all walks of life and not one of us had a similar journey leading us to the Web. But every single one of us was amazed by the Web and continues to be in awe of its potential. A majority of us expressed how they hold “making the Web a safer place for people” very dearly.
The W3C Communications team will get in touch with the participants as we may wish to use their stories, anonymously or not, to tell a compelling story to the public, possibly even as part of an upcoming crowdfunding campaign.

Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  https://www.w3.org
mailto:coralie@w3.org +337 810 795 22 https://www.w3.org/People/Coralie/