Re: Branch structure

Sorry for the delay, was on vacation and forgot about this thread.

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 7/8/15 4:18 PM, Rick Byers wrote:
>
>> Now that we have a single merged document we care about, I've moved it to
>> the gh-pages branch so it's accessible from
>> http://w3c.github.io/touch-events/touchevents.html.
>>
>> I've updated the README.md <
>> https://github.com/w3c/touch-events/blob/gh-pages/README.md> there to
>> describe the new branch structure. Someone with the power should make
>> gh-pages the default branch and delete 'master' <
>> https://github.com/w3c/touch-events/issues/15>.
>>

> It appears I can't do this so I think we will need Doug or PLH to help.
> Doug, would you please take care of this?

Doug, ping:  I've assigned https://github.com/w3c/touch-events/issues/15 to
you.

(I'm wondering if we actually need any branch other than the gh-pages
> branch ...).

I think we probably want to keep at least some for historical purposes.
Let's see - they shouldn't get in the way I don't think.

 Look good?

> Yes, this LGTM; thanks!
>
> A few comments:
>
> I think the changes since last publication section [1] should use the REC
> as the basis. The new list should include at least a short summary of the
> changes to the Touch and TouchList interfaces (i.e. the API copied from the
> TEE WG Note). If any other important normative changes are included, they
> should probably be mentioned too.

Good point.  How's this
<https://rawgit.com/RByers/touch-events/f74ff6a8bac3a42183be77d1869e6adf731d4c77/touchevents.html#changes-since-last-publication>?
Please provide feedback on this pull request.
<https://github.com/w3c/touch-events/pull/22>

Re section 6.1 [2], should createList() include any of the new Touch
> attributes that were originally defined in the TEE spec and are now
> included in the L2 spec?

You mean createTouch, right?  No I think we should deprecate these APIs in
favor of constructors <https://github.com/w3c/touch-events/issues/10> (I
believe we discussed this in a webevents con call a long time ago and
resolved to do so rather than update the old methods).  I have a PR
outstanding to add the constructors.

BTW, what is the implementation status of the TEE? Are there at least two
> implementations of the TEE? And if no, is anyone going to implement them? I
> also suspect there are no test cases for the TEE features. Is that correct?

blink is the only implementation I'm aware of that has radiusX/Y, force and
rotationAngle, though WebKit has expressed interest in adding radius.
Gecko has the only implementation of identifiedTouch I'm aware of, but if
they feel it's valuable <https://github.com/w3c/touch-events/issues/20>
then I'm willing to try adding it to blink.

Regarding tests, I believe we had them at one point but we removed them.
Should be easy to add back.  I've filed this issue
<https://github.com/w3c/touch-events/issues/21> to track.

-Thanks, AB