Re: Phasing out mouse compatibility events on tap?

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:57 AM, PhistucK <phistuck@gmail.com> wrote:

> Most websites do not explicitly need touch events, but only mouse events
> (with the compatibility mouse events). So in the same vein, perhaps
> document.disableTouchEvents should be added.

I think this is categorically untrue for the class of "websites" the blink
team is focused on enabling (those with rich input interactions, i.e.
material design).  The compatibility mouse events are useful only for
detecting a tap.  Sites whose only input interaction is tapping are not our
concern here (those are typically simple documents and already work well
enough).  The simplest common example is an image carousel where you swipe
between images.  These are extremely common on the web today and absolutely
require listening for touch events.