Re: Internet Explorer Mobile Touch Events support

This is great news Jacob, thanks!

We've certainly felt we'd never be able to drop support for touch events in
blink, even if we had a good replacement like pointer events.  Heck, we're
still trying <https://codereview.chromium.org/431653003/> to
deprecate non-standard mouse event properties added well over a decade ago
for compat with IE <grin>, so I definitely feel your pain here.  I'm
excited that we seem to have all learned our lesson and will hopefully focus
<http://www.chromium.org/blink#vendor-prefixes> on standards-track
evolution going forward :-)

I'm really looking forward to seeing the data that backs up your "mouse
support is broken on 10% of top sites when touch events are enabled" claim.
 As I've mentioned previously, this doesn't match our anecdotal experience
with touchscreen laptops running Chrome (there's definitely some issues,
but it's quite rare for anyone to notice any these days).  I just came up
with a plan <https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=392584#c4>
last night for how we could do our own measurement here (but accuracy is
still tricky). I expect to share data sometime after I'm back from vacation
in a couple weeks.  We're deeply committed to driving down this problem
further and eventually enabling the TouchEvent API in Chrome in all cases.

I'm looking forward to continuing the great relationship we have between
the Chrome team and IE teams pushing the web platform forward in a
rational, performant AND compatible way.

  Rick