Re: Move TouchEvents spec tweaking to GitHub?

[ + Philippe ]

On 12/13/14 11:58 AM, Rick Byers wrote:

> Should we move tweaks to the v1-errata and extensions note to GitHub?
> I think that would be easier for collaboration than hg (easier to
> track changes, review PRs, and avoids people having to learn something
> new).

Yes and agree (I've been meaning to suggest this).

I'll ask W3C staff to create a new touch-events repo within
<https://github.com/w3c/> :-).

Philippe - would you please create the
<https://github.com/w3c/touch-events> rep for the Touch Events CG or
tell me how to go about getting that directory created? The TE CG wants
to use this new repo for Touch Events v1 errata (and possibly additional
work such as features for v.next).

> Art, if we decide to publish an official errata, would the detailed
> change history being in github make that much more difficult policy-wise?

No (i.e. not a problem).

BTW, my understanding is that it is possible to copy all of the hg
history to Github so if that is the case, that should be done. Philippe
might be able to confirm that.

> Jacob, is it better for a contributor to the W3C GitHub project to
> create the repo there?  Or can I just create one that w3c could
> eventually adopt/clone?

I recommend just starting a new touch-events repo within
<https://github.com/w3c/>.

-Thanks, Art